Begin by going to My Races > and select the race you need to add a Race Event. Then select Dashboard > Race Events.
You will see five tabs to be completed...
1. Event DetailsThe image below displays this tab. Complete/edit the fields and click "save" or "next" to advance to the next tab. Remember, if you have multiple distances you will complete each of the 5 tabs for each distance or "event" for your race.
2. Race SwagOn this tab you will complete the details for each swag item you are giving to participants. For this example, we utilized "Shirt Size" in the screen shot below. You can add as many size/gender variables as needed. Note that you have an option to have an additional charge for specific sizes/items, such as upgraded or larger shirts.
Related: Race Swag: Expense or Opportunity?
3. Age GroupsOn this tab you will be setting up age groups. We recommend using the same divisions by selecting "Male & Female" in the drop-down menu. You do have the option to customize the age categories in any fashion you would like. For some tips on this go to the article: How to Structure Age Groups.
4. Registration DeadlinesThis is where you will set the sequence of pricing for your event. You can set as many pricing milestones as you like. In the example below, we employed an early bird price for $25 until 8/1/16. After 8/1, registration price would be $30 until 8/31. Finally, after 8/31, pricing went up to $40 until 9/16. Utilize a strategy with your pricing to encourage early registration and discourage runners from waiting until the last minute.
5. Custom QuestionsThis tab will allow you to create a custom form with a single question or a series of questions. In the example below we created a form to capture information from a relay team registering for an event. This allows one person to make one payment and complete the information on all runners on the team.
You can also reference the article, Launch of Custom Questions and Event Manager, if you need additional information.